The 2016 National Crime Victims' Service Awards nomination period is now open. View past recipients and, if you know a similarly deserving individual, group, team, or program, submit a nomination by July 30, 2015.
- Crime Victims’ Rights AwardThis award honors the dedicated champions throughout our Nation whose efforts to advance or enforce crime victims’ rights have benefited victims of crime at the state, tribal, or national level.
- Allied Professional AwardThis award recognizes an individual or individuals from a specific discipline outside the victim assistance field for their service to victims and/or contribution to the victims’ field.
- Award for Professional Innovation in Victim ServicesInstituted in 2001, this award is given in memory of Susan Laurence, an OVC employee who helped professionals who had not traditionally served victims to develop effective victim responses. In her honor, this award recognizes a program, organization, or individual who has helped to expand the reach of victims’ rights and services.
- Crime Victims Financial Restoration AwardThis award recognizes individuals, programs, organizations, or teams which have developed innovative ways of funding services for crime victims, or have instituted innovative approaches for securing financial restoration for crime victims.
- Federal Service AwardThis award recognizes the extraordinary efforts of federal agency personnel who lead initiatives or reforms and make extraordinary contributions that impact victims of federal, tribal, and military crimes, or more broadly promotes victims’ rights and services for underserved victims nationally and internationally.
- National Crime Victim Service AwardThis prestigious award honors extraordinary individuals and programs that provide services to victims of crime. The award recognizes programs and individuals whose work has been particularly noteworthy, and that exemplify the long-term commitment that characterizes many of our Nation’s victim service providers, some of whom are also victims of crime.